Thursday, January 3, 2019

What I ate to Start the Year or Wednesday

I love reading about what people are eating in a day.  It's kind of like taking a walk for me at dusk when I can see how people decorate their houses without really looking inside.  It's a glimpse into someone's life.  

Well to start of yesterday I ate my absolute favorite avocado toast with a sunny side-up egg and my coffee.  I've got this down to a science and can cook it in about 5 minutes on a school day.  It always keeps me full until lunch.

Yesterday's lunch was soup and salad.  Kale salad with pepitas, oranges and leftover baked falafel.  All of these things I had in my fridge.


Roasted cauliflower soup that I made the day before as well.  I served it with a bit of Aleppo pepper and chia seeds. 


Dinner was tamale beef pie.  It kind of fell apart, but the base and top crust were polenta.  I browned ground beef with refried beans, salsa, cumin and coriander.  I topped it with cheddar cheese and baked in the oven.  On the side we ate sautéed cabbage .  Of course we drank our house wine, which is currently Chateau Ste. Michelle chardonnay. 


It was a delicious and veggie packed way to start the year.  For dessert?  Yes I still have rum balls and fudge.  I love to enjoy a little sweet.  Everything in moderation.

Bon Appétit! 
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment