Wednesday, December 19, 2018

December's Eats

Well Christmas is coming up soon.  And I could do a post of all of the Christmas cookies I have been making, believe me our kitchen island is very festive with all sorts of cookie tins.  However, I do believe in balance so along with my cookies I still like to continue to eat healthy whole foods that have a minimum of processed ingredients.  (Dessert does not fall into this category at all.)  

Last Friday, my husband and I were alone for dinner so it was cheese souffle.  When all 5 or even 4 of us are at home the dish is not enough for us all, but for 2 it's perfect maybe even a bit much.  Served with homemade bread, a green salad and wine and dinner is all set.


I love kale, especially in salads.  I can make a large batch, and it will keep for a few days.  So of course I made some for lunch this past weekend and topped it with roasted squash, feta, avocado and pepitas. Delish!


Another lunch:  left over mix roasted veggie soup.  On the side sautéed chanterelle mushrooms on top of sourdough bread and grated manchego cheese.


We had a crazy night of meetings, concerts and work the other day.  I made taco meat so my son could have something to eat early and others could eat when they needed to.  I also roasted some cabbage.  Most of my family had regular soft tacos, but I thought I'd take a different spin on dinner and use some of our leftover rice and beans, taco meat, the cabbage and a little cheese.   It also worked well for lunch the next day.


Breakfast Tuesday: Sunny side-up eggs over left over roasted veggies and a piece of toast.  I know I made this after a 4 mile morning run.  This has become one of my go-to breakfasts because it's an easy way to add more veggies in my day and super quick to prepare. I try to make a large amount of mixed  roasted veggies once or twice a week to have on hand for such breakfasts or any other thing I can dream up.


Bon Appétit! 
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth





No comments:

Post a Comment