Thursday, January 24, 2019

What I ate Wednesday 4

Well without thinking about it much this day was a no added sugar day. The only "cheat" was the Simply Heinz ketchup I used in our meatloaf. I'm far from perfect, however it is very easy to not add too much extra sugar to my day.  

Breakfast: 1/2 grapefruit and sea salt, avocado toast on homemade sourdough bread and a sunny side up egg, juice (made with apple, carrot, and orange) and of course coffee.  It's  been fun trying new blended juices this winter.  I like using my Vitamix to keep the pulp and fiber of the fruit and veggies.  Also this week I starting sectioning my grapefruit the night before.  This is a total time saver in the morning.  


Lunch: As usual in my classroom.  I much rather do a lot of work at school and come home and do things I love such as reading, exercising, blogging etc.  So today I had soup with quinoa, kale and chick peas along with other vegetables.  On the side a quick slaw with plumped apricots. Water to drink as always.  I've also made this soup with black beans and it is super.  I do reduce the amount of cream to about 1/4 cup.


Dinner: Meatloaf, couscous, roasted mixed veggies (brussel sprouts and Jerusalem artichokes) and a green salad.  Of course wine and water to drink. 


This is what the Jerusalem artichokes looked like before I roasted them.  They didn't seem to have much flavor, kind of like a water chestnut.  I'll try another recipe in the next week or two.  


Dessert: Banana, cherry, lime nicecream.  Nothing else is added.   I must say I was skeptical of this at first, but the flavors are very bright and the texture is much closer to ice cream than sorbet. Also the whole idea of nicecream is a great way to add an extra serving of fruit in your day. 


As always I hope this post inspires you to try different meals in your week.  
Bon Appétit.
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth




No comments:

Post a Comment