Thursday, January 17, 2019

What I ate Wednesday 3


Well another successful day of remembering to take pictures of my meals.  I started this Wednesday with a 3 mile run on the treadmill. It's not my favorite, but at least I have one and don't have to go to a gym.  I always try to watch something light since it's 5:30 in the morning.

My oldest daughter made me breakfast. She had everything ready to go and on the table, what a treat!  Protein pancakes, blueberry compote, maple syrup, home made applesauce from the fall and of course coffee.  There is no extra sugar in anything she made - just the maple syrup that I added.  



Lunch was at home yesterday because of final exams.  So I didn't have to eat out of a Pyrex dish.   I came home and made carrot soup in the Vitamix and avocado toast topped with Herbes de Provence sea salt and olive oil.  We had Perrier  to drink.  I would say the soup was just ok. I know I can do better and have done so.  But it's always fun to try something new.


For dinner I made chicken cacciatore with large roasted tomatoes, mushrooms and red onions.  On the side I served polenta and a simple kale salad.  Of course I had some wine too.


Another treat for dessert. My middle daughter made a swiss roll cake since she needed a break for studying.  Lucky me.  


I hope this inspires you to get into your kitchen and start cooking.  

Bon Appétit!
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth


No comments:

Post a Comment