Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Easter Menu and 52 for 52 Week 15

Hello! I hope you are all doing well.  It's blustery cold here today, but that's nothing new for northeast Wisconsin in April.  2 years ago we got 2 feet of snow; so I guess I should be thankful.  Sunday was Easter and since it rained and snowed all day what else was there to do but to eat well, read, watch some TV and be creative.  I thought I do a combo post of my Easter eats and new recipes.  The whole day was an ode to spring. 

Breakfast: Cinnamon Rolls, fruit and hard boiled eggs. The cinnamon rolls are super easy so I prepped them the day before,  pulled them out of the fridge while I went on a morning walk and then cooked them for 20 minutes.  We get local eggs and thought about dying them with natural dyes, yet the brown shells made us think better of it.  Who knows what color we'd get. I always pick up favorite candy for the family.  This year the girls wanted to try HU brand chocolate, yummy! and my boys (husband and son) love their jellybeans from Starburst.  


Lunch: Kale salad with pea shoots, first radishes of the spring, carrots, apples, smoked salmon and avocado.  I made a lemon miso dressing.  


Dinner: New recipe - lemon roasted chicken with roasted potatoes and I served it with steamed broccoli.  I've never roasted lemons before in the oven and they gave a great flavor to this dish along with the honey at he end. It was really easy, just took a little time. However most of the cooking was hands-off so no big deal.  It gave me some time to sit with my glass of wine and read. This is an easy make for a dinner party. It can mostly be done ahead of time. 


Dessert: New recipe as well.  Flourless chocolate cake.  This was super rich, yet easy to prepare. It is perfect if you are feeding a larger group of people.  I still, today is Tuesday, have 2 servings left for dessert.  My middle daughter, Sophie, and I will enjoy it tonight.  Again another must make ahead so easy for a dinner party - when we get to see people again in person. 


I hope you are inspired to cook up something delicious this week. Bon Appétit!
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment