Saturday, April 25, 2020

52 for 52 Week 16

Hello! I hope you are staying healthy, both mentally and physically.  That is something I pray for everyday in my family.  Well finally the weather is starting to get a little more spring like.  We're working on tilling our garden and new spring veggies are showing up at my local farmer stand.  Yippee!  As I mentioned in past posts my daughter Madeleine needs to eat grain free.  So I'm always looking for recipes that either are grain free, that the whole family would like, or recipes that I can easily convert to grain free.  We always call this Madeleine friendly food.   This last week is my grain free version of almond encrusted tilapia   from 100 days of Real Food.  I'll be honest I had to make the sauce twice because the first time the phone rang and I burnt it. Oops! However if you have all the ingredients its super easy to put together a second time.  


Almond Encrusted Tilapia with Modified Beurre Blanc

1/4 cup white wine or dry vermouth
2 T cream - divided
1 stick of butter - divided
4-5 tilapia filets (I bought mine frozen)
1 egg -beaten
1 cup or a little less of almond flour - just enough to dredge the fish
fresh Parmesan - about 1/4 cup
salt and pepper to taste. 

1. Pour white wind and 1 T cream into a small saucepan over medium heat.  Cook gently until it is reduced by half.
2. Meanwhile dredge the fish in the egg and the almond flour mixture
3. Heat a large skillet with 2 T of butter and start to cook the fish - you'll get a brown crust.  Wipe out the pan and add more butter to cook the remaining round of fish if everything doesn't fit into the pan at once.  When you flip the fish if you would like add a small bit of fresh Parmesan cheese on the top.  It is very yummy. 
4. While the fish is cooking check your sauce, and add 1 T of cream and then 4 T butter. Keep sauce on very low heat and whisk until nice and thick. 
5. The fish is done when it flakes or just a bit before, remember there is carry over cooking time.  Remove from heat and top with the sauce.

I served it with roasted local red cabbage and roasted potatoes.  We served our house chardonnay to drink. 

Bon Appétit and stay well,
and as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 



No comments:

Post a Comment