Thursday, February 7, 2019

What I ate Wednesday 6

Well I'm back again with another Wednesday.  My oldest daughter and I are still counting our fruits and veggies in our bullet journals. It really makes you mindful of what you are eating. I like to see at least 6 little dots in my journal per day.  This is actually not too hard to do.  We're not exactly counting serving size, but a small amount doesn't count.   

Breakfast: Green juice, crock pot steel cut oats, sunny side up egg, broccoli with a splash of soy sauce for a touch more flavor.  To drink? Coffee of course. The juice give roughly 1 fruit and 1 veggie and the broccoli is 1 veggie as well.


I had a lunch meeting today; so I snapped this picture before I went to school.  

Lunch: Kale salad with artichoke hearts, tomatoes, carrots, and pepitas. I also had a side of cottage cheese topped with hemp and chia seeds.I figured this was at least 2-3 veggies depending how you count it.  


Dinner: Blackened chicken breast, quinoa, broccoli with and avocado crema. This was a new recipe; I found it just okay.  I feel I can do better, so not a keeper. However it got me another vegetable and my kids love broccoli so a win there.  So that was 6 today. 


Dessert: My son loves 7 layer bars, and so do I.  I had the ingredients sitting around so of course I made them.  They are so easy and so good.  I made them with unsweetened coconut, and you would never know the difference.  There is still a lot of sugar, but they are a treat.  


Bon Appétit!
As always love from the Midwest,
Beth


No comments:

Post a Comment