Monday, February 11, 2019

A Week of Dinners

Well I finally did it. I remembered to take pictures of a week's worth of dinners. My hope is that these pictures may inspire you to cook everyday.  Now I will say that I do love to cook and I am very willing to put in the time.  In general we don't eat until 7:30 p.m, so I have time to relax and make dinner.  

Monday: "Meatball" stuffed pasta shells  This is so easy, but my middle daughter requested it so I made it.  I like to use either leftover meatballs or meatloaf.  Just roughly stuff the meat in the cooked shells, top with your favorite marinara sauce and cheese.  Bake covered for about 30 minutes and another 5 uncovered.  I served it with a side of braised celery and parsnips.


Tuesday: Sizzling shrimp with basmati rice and steamed broccoli.  A super quick and easy dinner to prepare.  


Wednesday: I like to try something new each week.  Not always for dinner, but last week it just happened to be. As I mentioned in my last post I tried blacked chicken with avocado crema, quinoa and the rest of the broccoli.   My husband knows we like broccoli, so he picked up a lot of it. 


Thursday: I  had some leftover mushroom gravy from another dish in my fridge.  So I made hamburger patties, sautéd them on the stove and simmered them in the gravy.  Mashed potatoes and roasted carrots, mushrooms and parsnips on the side. 


Friday: Our grocery happened to have whitefish.  I always serve it simply: broiled and seasoned with salt, pepper and paprika.  At the end I add some melted butter.  We had pan roasted potatoes and a salad of fennel, orange, sliced black olives, parsley topped with a few tablespoons of olive oil and salt and pepper.   Delicious!


Bon Appétit and don't for get the wine. 
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 



No comments:

Post a Comment