Thursday, January 9, 2020

52 for 52 weeks 1 and 2

Hello! My daughter told me about a challenge she heard on the radio the other day called 52 for 52.  This really could be for anything, but we thought could we do 52 new recipes or foods for 52 weeks. Honestly I try to do something new each week but that doesn't always work out.  I also forget to take pictures - so hopefully I'll do better at remembering that piece. But I thought this would be a fun new weekly blog post, maybe instead of what I ate Wednesday.  Maybe you are up for the challenge as well. 
So here are weeks 1 and 2  

I've made quick cinnamon rolls before but not "real" yeast ones.  The idea of making these overnight made it so easy.  The next day I pulled them out of the fridge, the frosting ingredients and turned on my oven before I went for a run.  While they cooled I  quickly made the frosting. I will definitely make these again.



I was a bit skeptical of this recipe because of the lack of ingredients. Boy was I wrong.  This was quick and easy. I made it grain free for my one daughter by carefully reading labels for the sausage and the creole seasoning. Most of the family ate this with rice, corn and salad. My eldest, Madeleine, at it with cauliflower rice and salad.  I had a combo of both rice and cauliflower. The leftovers heated up really well for the next day for my son's snack. 


I hope this 52 for 52 challenge makes you think of 52 new foods or recipes to try this year or maybe 52 new other things in your life.

As always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 




No comments:

Post a Comment