Wednesday, January 29, 2020

52 for 52 Week 5

Hello again!  So I decided it might be a bit unrealistic to find something new to eat for dinner for 52 weeks out of the year.  I based this off of my family's requests for certain dinners, my goal to use what is already in the freezer, and time.  So this week I tried a new salad dressing for kale salad.  The recipe is a miso and tahini based dressing from Cookie and Kate. I'm not really to familiar with both of these ingredients so it was a newish ingredient and a new recipe.  I was a bit skeptical that the recipe didn't call for olive oil or have the salad rest for a bit to soften the leaves.  However I followed it and the salad turned out great. It was a little creamy and also kept for a few days.  



I didn't' serve the salad with the nuts or cheese since I wanted a more composed salad on the weekend.  But I'm sure it would be delicious.  My salad included a poached egg, an orange, 1/4 avocado and roasted cauliflower.  A very filling lunch.  I also brought the rest of the salad today for my school lunch, minus the egg. 


My other new food was a new tea, candied pistachio from my local tea shop.  It actually tastes like a dessert.  I love trying a new tea for snack or after dinner. 


As always I hope you are inspired to try something new, be it big or small.  
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment