Saturday, January 18, 2020

52 for 52 Week 3

Hello. It's been a different week here.  I'm finishing up one semester and getting ready for the next for work. I'm also trying to squeeze every last minute in with my girls before they go back to college.  However that being said I still got in a new to me recipe.  This week I tried butternut squash soup from Eating Well.  This recipe was incredibly simple to make and, I really liked the spice profile in the soup.  I made it on Sunday for lunch and served it with a small grilled cheese sandwich, made with cheddar and sourdough bread.  The combination was delicious and kept me full.  I brought it a few days later for lunch and it was equally good then.  I served it with the last little bit of curry chicken, it was a very orange lunch.


I also tried another new food for some of my family.  My eldest needs to be grain free so she's been eating a lot of chickpea pasta, from Banza. I tried it last summer and loved it.  I decided with our pumpkin sausage pasta to make the Banza pasta for everyone, and they ate it without any complaints.  It is much more expensive but it is a nice change of pace especially if you are serving a vegetarian pasta. 


I hope you are inspired to try a few new things this month and year.  

As always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment