Thursday, January 23, 2020

A Winter's Day

Hello! Well it's 5 pm and dark outside, pretty typical for Wisconsin in January.  I just finished shoveling the snow and thought I should sit down and write.  Yesterday I tapped into my creative side and mixed poetry with art.  I feel that I am at my most creative self during the winter. The past few times I have gone up to Door County I have been inspired to write a little bit of poetry. (I've often thought about writing a book.) This usually happens after I take a quiet walk by myself.  I love to go on walks with others, but sometimes just a quiet stroll to nowhere in particular can be just what you need. It forces you to listen to what is around you and allows you to hear yourself think.  As I sat down with my sketch book yesterday I decided to not copy something and try to create from what I know.  This was great! I didn't feel like I had to get something "right"; I just created.  I took a picture of the final creation, the pen and ink and the rewritten poem.  


I thought I'd also share some pictures of walks I've taken around the area in the past month. 





How are you spending your winter? 

As always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 



No comments:

Post a Comment