Monday, June 8, 2020

Life June 8


Hello! I've decided to try some new posts. For months I've been thinking about getting away from just being a food blog.  If you've seen past posts I have done some non-food items, but I always go back to food.  I love cooking and eating, but sometimes there are other things to see and do in life.  So I will try some "Life" posts.  I will still link recipes, share my own recipes, but maybe I'll add just a bit more.  

This week I made strawberry rhubarb muffins.  I have a very prolific rhubarb plant.  Unfortunately the strawberries are not local yet.  They will be soon.  The recipe is from Cookie & Kate strawberry muffins. I've adapted it to all sorts of fruit. 



Lilacs from my neighbor's tree - because they are beautiful.


I've been enjoying a snacking platter for lunch.  The arugula, tomatoes, radishes and eggs are all local.  Yes it's Sunday lunch so a glass of wine is always lovely.


Chilled cream of asparagus soup.  I also added leftover salmon from dinner the night before.  The soup was supposed to be served hot, but it was in the upper 80s -too hot for a warm soup. I love eating lunch outside.    


Pizza from our pizza oven.  My husband and I are getting much better at this.  I made this one with tomato sauce, chorizo sausage, mozzarella and cheddar cheese.  


We were finally able to go out for lunch and sit outside.  I had a California burger (guac and pepper jack cheese), fries to share with my husband and a beer.  


A gluten free espresso doughnut as a post farmers' market treat.  I am not gluten free but this was wonderful.  I split it with my daughter, Madeleine. 


I also went to the first farmers' market of the year, and here is the haul. All local! Yippee! 


I hope your week was full of beautiful and delicious things.  
As always  with love from the Midwest,
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment