Monday, June 15, 2020

52 for 52 Week 23

Hello!  It is a glorious day in Northeast Wisconsin as I write this.  I just finished eating my breakfast outside and came in to get a few things done.  One of which is to write a blog post.  Last week's new ingredient/food is a new rosé.  Yes again.  The owner of our local wine shop, David, put together some new rosés for me that I could enjoy as a appératif on my patio, in my sun room or as I cook dinner.  I also enjoy them for a weekend lunch if I don't need to get anything done in the afternoon.

This is a big rosé!  If you are looking for something sweet this is not for you, but yes you still taste fruit.   It is a combination of grenache noir, cinsault and carignan.  This wine stood up well to my lunch, a mezze platter of eggs, radishes, arugula, hummus and olives, and was delightful to sip.  I highly recommend it.  



Santé!
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment