Monday, June 22, 2020

52 for 52 Week 24

Hello! Happy Monday.  I hope this post finds you well and gives you inspiration to try something new in the kitchen.  I realized that I hadn't tried a new recipe in a few weeks so I thought I would give something new a try this last week.  On the subject of trying something new don't be afraid to do it.  It can be anything, a main course, side, dessert, breakfast, a beverage etc.  I find it easy to get stuck in a rut and then cooking is no longer fun.  

This week's new recipe was from Eating Well, grilled cajun jambalaya.  This was easy to prepare and everything could be done on our grill at one time.  (I must say I do own a XL Big Green Egg, and a grill basket is really nice to have for this.)  I served this with brown rice as suggested so that was the only thing I had to do on the stove top, easy clean up for my husband who kindly does the dishes. I liked this, but some of my family members thought it was a bit spicy.  They thought they were getting kielbasa sausage, not andouille.  For ease I just skipped the skewers -they are annoying.  I also just grilled the sausage whole and sliced it later.  I also don't have okra in Northeast Wisconsin at this time or really ever so I skipped that piece.  We have an abundance of lettuce so of course we had a salad on the side.




Bon Appétit!
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment