Saturday, March 28, 2020

52 for 52 Week 12

Hello!  Even in this crazy time I'm still finding new recipes or food combinations to try.  It's been almost 2 weeks, as I write this, since I have gone to the grocery store.  I planned for 2 weeks of dinners for my family that would give a variety, some old favorites and some new.  One of the new recipes we tried was a variation on my regular my sloppy joe recipe.  I added lentils to the meat in order to make our beef go further.  I really liked it.  Honestly there wasn't any taste difference.  I will say my husband did not care for it at all.  He doesn't like his beef messed with.  I served it with broccoli and for those who wanted it either bread for sandwiches or sweet potatoes.  It was a good comforting meal.


Sloppy Joes: (original recipe)

1  pound  ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 cup ketchup (or a bit more)
1 T vinegar
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 t dijon mustard
1 t brown sugar
1 t paprika

Lentils: 3/4 cup dried lentils cooked in water for about 20-25 minutes. 

I added about 1/2 of the cooked lentils, but I could have easily added more and made more sauce.
The leftovers reheated beautifully. 

Stay well!
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment