Tuesday, March 10, 2020

52 for 52 Weeks 9 and 10

Hello! Well the snow is really starting to melt here. I'm so excited for spring that I've been trying to use up what I have in the freezer so I can get ready to save more seasonal foods.  This led me to trying a new blueberry muffin recipe from Jubilee.  I picked up this cookbook from the library because it was The Kitchn's February cookbook of the month.  There is a lot of really interesting history in this book.  I also found these cornbread blueberry muffins.  They use very little sugar along with whole wheat flour and lemon juice.  The result is a light not sweet muffin that is perfect for my breakfast.  I served it with scrambled eggs and more fruit and veggies this morning.  The recipe makes 8 muffins so that is just perfect: 4 for now and 4 to freeze. 



For week 9 I tried a new recipe for key lime pie.  I've made plenty of pies before, but since really just my husband and I enjoy this particular one I was on the lookout for a smaller version.  If you are smaller family the blog dessertfortwo is a great place to start.  I made this pie in a loaf pan and just made the slices horizontally and at an angle.  I really liked the subtle flavor of the lime here. I'm going to add zest of 2 limes next time.  I'm also going to make sure I have whip cream.  The pie got better the next day, so it's an easy make ahead dessert.  


As always I hope I've inspired you to keep cooking and trying new things or even if it's a simple change in a recipe!

Happy Cooking (thank you Jacques Pepin)
And as always with love from the Midweset,
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment