Wednesday, March 18, 2020

52 for 52 Week 11

A coworker of mine sent out this poem a few weeks ago to our staff. I loved it then when things were not quiet so uncertain,  and I love it even more today.  I am reminded that so many good things are for certain in this life, one of which is a family meal.  We may have less to talk about at the moment, but we are still sitting down for family dinner. 

The Return by Jonathan Greene
We are heartened
when each year
the barn swallows
return.

They find their old nests,
teach their young to fly,
lining up on the barn roof
for their first flight.

They remind us,
for now, some rituals
of this good earth
continue.


Of course another ritual I'm still trying to practice is a new food or recipe.  This week my daughter made me a homemade juice shot.  I'm not quiet sure what recipe she used, sorry.  However  I know it had turmeric, ginger, a splash of honey, lemon and cracked pepper.  We cut it with coconut water.  I felt instantly healthier drinking it.  


Of course my entire breakfast wasn't too bad either:
Steel cut oats (leftover from the other day), 1/2 avocado, sunny side up egg and micro greens 


Stay healthy!
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 



No comments:

Post a Comment