Thursday, May 23, 2019

What I ate Wednesday 18

Well this was not the normal start to my day.  I woke up to the flashing light of my alarm and had a brief moment of panic since the power went out and I didn't know.  Fortunately I woke up 4 minutes before I usually would so I had time for my morning run.  I also knew I only needed a small breakfast at home because we were going to have a catered breakfast at school to honor our retirees.

Breakfasts: One piece of peanut butter toast with hemp seeds, pineapple, mango carrot orange juice (see last weeks post) and coffee.


When I got to school I saw no lights only to realize we had no power.  However our meeting went on without a hot breakfast in the dark.  I'm very picky so an overly processed muffin will not do it for me.

Snack: Hemp, date, espresso balls and a latte from  the local coffee shop.  
My eldest was off from work today so she made me the snack and picked up the coffee to keep her mom warm.  Love this!



Lunch: Black bean soup, tortilla chips for crunch and leftover quinoa veggie salad from my daughter's job.  


Dinner: Kielbasa, trumpet mushrooms, leek sauté with steamed broccoli and kraut with orzo pasta.  Of course a glass of wine too.
We had an awards ceremony for my middle daughter and dinner needed to be quick and easy.  This was.


Dessert: Gluten Free Rhubarb Crisp and a bit of ice cream.
This recipe is from Martha Stewart; I always cut it in 1/2 and now use GF oats so everyone can enjoy it.  


As always I hope this gives you inspiration in the kitchen.
Bon Appétit
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth






No comments:

Post a Comment