Thursday, May 9, 2019

What I ate Wednesday 17

Hello! Another week has quickly passed.  I've been able to get outside more for walks and runs which has been so appreciated.  Also are farmers' market, indoors, has started to have spring veggies.  What a sight for sore eyes.  I also tried a few new recipes as well.

Breakfast: Orange, mango & carrot juice, whole wheat parsnip bread with natural peanut butter, berries, scrambled eggs with spinach and coffee.  

The juice was another excellent recipe from Shalane Flanagan's Run Fast Eat Slow .  And I treated myself to scrambled eggs with spinach on a weekday because for some reason I had just a little bit of extra time.  Lots of great color to start my day; it makes me so happy.


Lunch: Kale salad with quinoa, chopped dates, dried pineapple, grilled local veggies of trumpet mushrooms, asparagus, and the last of the cipolini onions.  We grilled the veggies in our Ooni grill on Sunday, and I just kept them in the fridge for the week.  I added some strawberries on the side.  They weren't local but it is really nice to have a change of fruit.


Dinner: We celebrated my middle daughter's 18 birthday a few days early.  She requested grilled chicken Cesar salad and homemade croutons.  Of course my husband and I had some wine.  It was a chilly night, but again the salad was such a nice change of pace.


Dessert: Pecan Pie. 
 I made the crust the day before so I just had to roll it out after school and put the filling together.  


I hope you had a delicious week of food as well; Bon Appétit!
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment