Monday, May 27, 2019

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

First I would like to take a moment of gratitude for those men and women who serve and have served in our armed forces to keep this country safe, thank you.

This weekend, whether we've been helping my in-laws or working on our own house, has been thought of as a gardening/work weekend but always adding in something fun.  This year was no different.

Saturday started with the Green Bay farmers' market, the first outside market of the season! Yippee!   The weather was also beautiful, sunny and 80 degrees.  There were a lot of plants for sale, and I picked up some fresh asparagus, canned pitted cherries without sugar, which are delicious, and brie from a local cheese maker.  



Next we put in our garden.  We put our black tarps down and put in the seeds and baby plants.  I got a bunch of plants this year from the Master Gardner Association of Door County so my zinnias are fully grown.  Hopefully I can cut flowers faster.



Sunday afternoon my eldest daughter wanted to go for a hike at High Cliff state park.  Again it was another beautiful day so I said okay. I always love a good hike. 








After our hike I planted some more flowers in pots on our patio.  I always love a little color.



I hope your weekend was enjoyable!
As always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 



No comments:

Post a Comment