Thursday, May 2, 2019

What I ate Wednesday 16

Hello! Another week has passed by so quickly. I've been spending a lot of time with my husband watching our son play tennis over the past few weeks.  It's a great sport.  Also in the early evenings I've been reading a lot for my book club.  Look for a future post of what we've read so far.   However on to Wednesday's food.  

Breakfast: Avocado toast on my homemade sourdough bread, spinach, sunny side up egg, a few tomatoes and coffee.  


This is really my favorite breakfast on a school day, or maybe any day. It keeps me full and with the spinach and tomato it's almost like I'm eating a salad.  I also use local free range eggs that haven't been washed so they can sit out on my counter.  They are really delicious, so I have one almost every morning.


Lunch: Leftovers from Tuesday night, quick king ranch chicken casserole, roasted broccoli and some black beans. The chicken casserole was a new try and all of my family liked it.


Dinner: Instant Pot curry fish, rice and roasted carrots, and some wine.  I used cod for this dish and again it was a winner for the majority of the family. I'll definitely keep it in my rotation.  I made some changes, so I'll have to type it up and add to my Instant Pot repertoire.


Dessert: Bourbon Praline Ice Cream.  Yum! And yes I finally remembered to take a picture. As I've said I really do like just a little bowl of sweet to end my day. 


Have a great week and Bon Appétit!
As always with love from the Midwest, 
Beth 





No comments:

Post a Comment