Monday, May 20, 2019

Final Review of Run Fast Eat Slow and Run Fast Cook Fast

As I posted a few weeks ago I've been working my way through Run Fast Eat Slow  and Run Fast Cook Fast Eat Slow by Shalane Flanagan and Elyse Kopecky.  I've now tried several recipes and need to return it to the library. This is a book I would definitely recommend to purchase. The recipes are doable and are based off of real whole foods.  You can also keep it seasonal and local if you want; just choose what season you would make some of the foods. 

First as I've mentioned before I made the Can't be Beet Smoothie and I actually liked the smoothie - I would say I'm not a fan of beets.


The next juice I made was Carrot Orange Mango.  I also used my Vitamix for this as for the previous juice/smoothie.  I used regular  water and added 2 dates as the recipe directed since I don't have coconut water around.


The picture below is Tempeh Scramble with kale.  This warmed up quite nicely for lunch.  I forgot to post last week, but this is what I had. I paired it with 1/2 an avocado for a little more filling lunch. 



The Thai Quinoa Salad was also delicious, kept well in the refrigerator for several days and easy to make.  I took a bowl of this and a small bowl of carrot rhubarb soup for lunch for a few days last week. 


I've also made the Superhero Muffins.  They are moist and tender and are packed with veggies and fruit.  It's a winning combination.

I hope this post inspires fun in the kitchen and as one of my favorite chefs, Jacques Pepin, says "happy cooking"

As always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 







No comments:

Post a Comment