Thursday, April 4, 2019

What I ate Wednesday 12

Well this week's post is a little different, but since I was able to take photos I continued on the theme of Wednesday's eatings.  Unfortunately I spent Monday-Wednesday down in Madison with our daughter who was in the hospital.  She is alright now, but many questions are yet to be answered.  That being said she's the one who helped me start my blog so we thought why not continue with the theme.  So here it goes.

Breakfast: Oatmeal, hard-boiled egg, cheese, fruit and coffee.
Continental breakfast at a hotel is not always my favorite, but I thought I'd keep my oatmeal savory.  So I made breakfast work for me, and it kept me full until noon.  


Lunch: The hospital cafeteria.  This may not conjure up good food memories, but I have to say this was not bad at all and for $6.00 I was pretty happy.   Baked salmon, veggies, lemon dill sauce topped with micro greens.  Now I'm not really a fan of eating out of a box, but lunch could have been way worse.  



Snack: Banana bread.  Also from the UW hospital cafeteria and pretty good.  Every ingredient listed on the packaging was real food.


Luckily my daughter was discharged, and I arrived home around 7 pm.  Thankfully I thought ahead and had my husband pull out ground beef during the day.  I made a quick dinner.  I was so excited to be home that I quickly snapped this picture half way through dinner.

Dinner: Salisbury steak, roasted fingerling potatoes, roasted cabbage and wine.


Dessert: (not pictured) small bowl of coffee ice cream and chocolate sauce.  

Bon Appétit!
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth




No comments:

Post a Comment