Monday, April 22, 2019

New Cookbooks to Buy?

I love cookbooks.  I love reading a novel in paper back or hard cover so much more than on my kindle.  Likewise, I love having cookbooks around.  There's something so nice about just sitting on my floor and reading a cookbook thinking about all of the recipes I could make. Recently I checked out from our public library a few new ones to me: Both books by Shalane Flanagan & Elyse Kopecky in the Run Fast, Eat Slow series and Alison Roman's Dining In.   Both have simple recipes that as Alison Roman says "are highly cookable."  

Dining in offers some quick and intriguing ideas such as a kimchi omelette, pasta with squid lemon and chile and a pistachio-plum crisp.  


Shalane Flanagan & Elyse Kopecky's books have very simple yet real food recipes for athletes of all levels.  You don't have to be running marathons to get ideas from this book of healthy eating habits.  I love the superhero muffins, which I made earlier on in the year.  I also just tried the Can't be Beet Smoothie.  In general I don't really like beets, but in the last few weeks I've had beets in ways that not only have I found tolerable, I've found quite good.  I had a small glass this afternoon, and I'm not quite sure what I  think.  If you like beets, this is for sure a winner.  I just pureed everything in my Vitamix and 3 minutes later I had a juice for tomorrow and the next few days.  There are also many recipes that I would like  to try from salads to even a few desserts.  In addition there are some simple meal plans if you like to have more ideas of how to incorporate healthy eating into your life. 



I really encourage you to pick up a few cookbooks from your local library.  It's really a treasure chest of old and new recipes.  If there are enough wonderful recipes than hey maybe buy a new cookbook or two. 

As always with love from  the Midwest,
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment