Monday, August 29, 2016

Best of August

Well its hard to believe that it is nearly the end of August. I've seen and done many beautiful and fun things.  As the summer winds down, and the school year starts up I really enjoy the time to reflect. I decided it would be fun to start a best of the month post.  This month I was blessed with a two trips to Door County. Really this is one of my favorite places to visit.  The water, flowers and general ambiance is such a great way to relax with my family.  I made a few new recipes, but my entire family really enjoyed the skillet chocolate chip cookie from Southern Living.  It was really simple and as I said everyone enjoyed.  I had a truly enjoyable  trip to Chicago with my oldest daughter.  We spent some time shopping and enjoying a beautiful lunch at the Peninsula Hotel in their sweet little café, Pierre Gourmet.

Chicago's Pierre Gourmet Café


Flowers in bloom in Door County.

End of a summer day with a beautiful sunset.

Must try skillet cookie. 
I've also finished a charming little book, The Girls of August.  This was a great little summer read, perfect for a beach weekend or on your hammock. 

What has been your best parts of August?

As always with love from the Midwest,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment