Monday, September 5, 2016

Weekday Dinner

Well last week started school for me and my children.  It also means that many after school sporting events started as well. Needless to say when I went to plan my meals for the week I needed tried and true recipes that didn't take too long.  Luckily we eat later around 7:30 ish so everyone can for the most part eat together.  This also gives me a little bit more time to get dinner on the table.  So for this week I made pasta with sausage, vegetables and fresh herbs.   You could easily change up the vegetables depending on what you have around the house or in your garden at this time of year.  I hope you add this easy dinner to your repertoire.  Bon appétit and don't forget the wine.

I like to use fettuccine noodles, but really anything will do.  I also pre-prep my herbs from my garden.


The vegetables and sausage finishing up cooking.
The finished dish ready for serving.  


Sausage with pasta, vegetables & herbs.

1 lb sausage -remove the casings
1 package of sliced mushrooms
1 pepper- sliced
1 pack of green onions -diced
1/4 cup fresh parsley -chopped
2 T fresh basil -chopped
1 t dried rosemary
2 cloves of garlic - minced
1 lb pasta -or a bit less - (for 3 teenagers I use a pound)
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

Bring water to a boil to prepare the pasta.

Sauté the sausages until no longer pink, transfer to a plate. Drain all but 2 T of drippings.  

Add vegetables, rosemary and garlic.  Sauté over medium-high heat until all are tender.

Return the sausage to the pan, add the fresh herbs, chicken broth.  Cook until sauce is slightly thick. Add the cheese. When pasta is done, drain and add to the sausage mixture.  If it seems to dry add some of the pasta cooking water.  Serve and add more cheese if desired.  

As always with love from the mid-west,
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment