Wednesday, August 24, 2016

August's Sunday Dinner

I realized I haven't posted much on Sunday dinner recently.  It's not that it hasn't happened I just forgot to take pictures.  I truly enjoy this ritual of making a sit down dinner for my family every night, but Sundays just seem to take a special meaning.  Whether you feel its the beginning of crazy for the week or a winding down of a busy week I encourage you to take a bit of time to sit down to dinner together, no matter what it served.  So what was for dinner?  Well one of my favorites. Roast chicken.  This time I did it in the oven, because it was raining and I didn't want to stand in rain and grill.  I always roast 2 chickens. This way I have enough for left overs.  When my children are home they like to warm up the chicken for lunch, but usually I keep it for casseroles later in the week or I freeze it for later in the month.  If I'm feeling up to it I take the carcasses and make chicken stock either that night or in the next day or two.  Hope you enjoy and bon appétit.





With love from the Midwest,
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment