Thursday, August 18, 2016

Porch Living

One of my favorite things about summer is our sun-room.  We can enjoy the room during part of the winter, but not as much as in the summer.  Starting Memorial Day weekend we move all of our place mats etc for eating in the sun room.  We have 3 sides of windows which when all open give the feeling of a screen porch.  The sun-room also opens out onto our patio.  During the day and evenings we read in here, again if the weather allows with all of the windows and the door open. When my children were young we'd play games in here and on our patio and we still do.  We have lighting in here, but in the summer we rarely turn it on until the darkness comes.  The furniture is comfortable yet old, yet we are not concerned.  It becomes a whole different way of living.

Much of this brings back childhood memories of my grandparents.  They too would enjoy their front porch.  I remember many breakfasts and lunches with my grandmother out on the porch.  I remember toast tongs and racks.  I also remember hot plates for her coffee.  For more ideas feel free to click this link,  toast racks etc on pinterest.   There doesn't need to be anything fancy.  

I've included a few photos of our very casual sun room and patio; I hope it encourages you to enjoy porch and patio living as much as possible whenever you can.  
Just after breakfast

The sun streams in early in the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment