Friday, July 24, 2020

My Midwest Life July 24

Hello again!  Well this week has been kind of quiet. We went up to Door County again for a few days; I'm grateful to get away here and there.  I've also been working on putting away peaches and other food from our CSA.  It's a lot of work but I'm always super happy during the winter. I've also been doing some school work for the upcoming year getting ready for some sort of online teaching.  We still don't know what is happening.   But here are a few pics from the week.

Cocktail hour in Door County with a rosé.


Juniper trees are all over the county.  I think their berries are so pretty.


Another gorgeous view from Peninsula State Park.


Pasta salad for lunch with Banza pasta, cucumbers, herbs, feta and vinaigrette (white wine and olive oil) dressing.


I started making dilly beans.  I get a lot of requests for Christmas presents.  These beans are from my CSA and my plants are starting to bud.  


We have 2 boxes of peaches at the moment so I made a feast for lunch yesterday: peach, prosciutto and buratta salad with balsamic vinegar and zucchini fritters topped with tomato jam from last year. 


More peaches went into peach salsa too. 


Oh and peach muffins.  I use a recipe from Cookie and Kate for strawberry muffins, but sub peaches for strawberries - they work out great. 


I hope you had a great week and have a lovely weekend!
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment