Monday, February 17, 2020

Week 7 52 for 52

Hello!  Well this last week, February 9th, I decided I needed a new dessert.  So creme caramel it was.  I have many French cookbooks, and I really do love flipping through the pages of a book.  Finally I found the perfect recipe for the pot de creme -The Bonne Femme Cookbook.  I've mentioned this book before; I've had very good luck with almost everything I've tried.  This recipe did not disappoint either.  The recipe was super quick to put together for the custards.  On the other had I did have a bit of a problem with the caramel sauce.  Mine clumped together, yuck!  So I made it again. Thankfully I had enough sugar, butter and cream.  After the creme carmel was gone we enjoyed the sauce on ice cream.  Please try making some of your own. 





I hope you are inspired to try something new this week! 
As always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment