Thursday, June 27, 2019

What I ate Wednesday 21

Well another week has flown by.  I came inside just  as a huge Midwest thunderstorm came along to write this post.  As much as I love the summer sun it is good to have some rain so I can get somethings done. I've really been enjoying all of the fresh market produce; I think the only supermarket produce we have at the moment are a few avocados for my girls who are hooked on them. I like to see how many weeks I can go without grocery store produce, the longer the better.  

Breakfast: Soft-boiled egg, 2 slices of homemade sourdough bread topped with ricotta and apricot jelly, a peach from the peach truck, strawberries and coffee of course.  


Lunch: Lightly cooked zoodles, cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes and sardines.  A lot of our farmers have been using hot houses to extend the growing season here.  I'm very happy with that.  I also love sardines; they add so many good things to a meal.


Dinner: Pasta with oven roasted shrimp, snap peas, spinach and fresh herbs. Wine to drink of course. I made my husband fettuccine Alfredo (He's not a fan of shrimp.)


Dessert (not pictured) vanilla ice cream with a bit of hot fudge from our ice cream social/graduation party for my middle daughter.

I hope you had a pleasant week and found many good things to cook.
As always with love from the Midwest, 
Beth 



No comments:

Post a Comment