Thursday, June 13, 2019

What I ate Wednesday 20

Wow have the weeks flown by with this weekly post.  Summer vacation has started and of course I change my eating habits a little bit.  I have more time to relax and to cook for all of my meals.  We are starting to get food from our CSA, farmers' market and a little bit here and there from our garden (more like micro greens from our radishes).  

Breakfast: Huevos rancheros toast, plum and coffee. 
I had black beans, that I made the other day in the Instant Pot, in my fridge and thought they'd be a great breakfast.  I also had really good homemade sourdough bread.  So I thought I'd put a little together and do a toast not a tortilla.  I wilted some local spinach and topped with local hothouse tomatoes.  This was a delicious way to start my day.




Lunch: Clean out the fridge salad.  
As the name of this salad implies, the fridge needed to be cleaned out. I sauteed some local shiitake mushrooms and warmed up grilled onions and used the last bits of lettuce from our CSA to make this salad.  I topped it with thinly sliced grilled lamb from the other night and sunflower micro-greens.  


Dinner: Firecracker salmon, potatoes dauphenois and steamed broccoli and of course a glass of wine to drink. 
This was a quick and easy dinner.  I marinated the salmon about 3 hours ahead and substitued 1/4 canola oil and 1/4 sesame oil for the peanut oil.  The potatoes take about an hour to cook, but once they are in the oven you don't have to do anything but relax. 


Dessert: Coffee and vanilla ice cream with a little chocolate sauce.

Hope you had a delicious food week.
Bon Appétit!
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 





No comments:

Post a Comment