Thursday, June 20, 2019

Farmers' Markets Galore

Well it's been a busy week.  I've had extra curriculum writing work this week and next; along with my oldest having hip surgery. Needless to say I've been thinking of other things than writing posts.  However this past weekend we were blessed to get to 2 farmers' markets and the fruit truck (Tree Ripe Citrus) finally came. I thought I'd share some of my pictures from the day. It was definitely unseasonably cool, but there were some delicious local things to buy.


The peaches from here are delicious.  I look forward to them every year. 

This was the first weekend of the Appleton farmers' market.  Strawberries were really expensive, but they were the first local fruits of the season - I couldn't resist.







Next up the same morning was Green Bay's market.  There were some beautiful plants and many other delicious treats - local cheese and of course the fruits and veggies.  



But one of my favorites is Susie-Q fish.  They have fresh caught white fish - a delicious dinner on Saturday night. 


The day's haul.  The blueberries were from a farmer  in Michigan with indoor growing - so if I drew a circle around the area, most likely within a 100 miles.


Please enjoy your local farmers' market.  There are so many treasures to be found, plus maybe you'll get a hug from your local farmer like I did.

As always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 



No comments:

Post a Comment