Monday, June 3, 2019

Pizza Part 2

About a month ago I became a proud owner of an Ooni pizza oven. I posted my messes and successes here.  I must say my mess has been due to the crust.  Over the past month my husband and I have experimented with several crust recipes.  I first used my pizza crust from Bread in 5 Minutes a Day.  While the crust tasted great it was very sticky; even when I worked quickly on the large metal spatula.  The next crust I tried was from the Ooni company.  I ordered the OO flour from Amazon, but the crust didn't have the flavor I liked.  So I went back to my old tried and true crust from Martha Stewart.  I've been using this recipe for years, and it makes 4 individual pizzas. Perfect.  I can make the crust a few hours before dinner, so after school, let it sit and relax while I do other things and then have perfect pizza dough.  This dough also worked well for me and the Ooni.  Here are some updated photos from Friday night's pizza dinner.

Sausage pizza for my husband

Sausage and pepperoni for my son

Mushroom, Spinach and fresh mozzarella for me. 

Here's the recipe. Enjoy!
1 1/4 cup luke warm water
2 1/4 tsp yeast
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 T olive oil
1 c whole wheat flour
2 c white flour

Mix yeast and water in mixer.  Add salt and olive oil and mix.  Add flours one cup at a time.  Mix until dough comes together.  Kneed until dough pulls away cleanly from the sides for the bowl.

Allow dough to rest for 1 hour in a greased and covered bowl.

Form into 4 individual pizzas and top as desired.  

Bon Appétit!
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 


No comments:

Post a Comment