Thursday, July 11, 2019

Vacation

I love my summer vacation in Florida.  We are so blessed to be able to enjoy my in-laws home for 10 days in the warm summer. Actually summer on the Florida beaches is wonderful.  It's hot, but that's what I want after our cool June and very cold winter.  Also there aren't a lot of people so it's easy to get somewhere or go out to dinner or lunch.  There's also a laid back attitude which I so need and love.  I thought I'd just share a few of our pictures from this year's vacation.

I love how the scenery changes all the time at the beach. One day can be perfect and the next have a roll cloud coming in. There was a torrential downpour that day.  



I feel so lucky when I get to see the sunrise and I don't even set an alarm to get up and take a run.  


It's always fun to see the wildlife.  Our first morning we had this river otter scratching itself on the deck.  It  was so cute.


We did do some other things than sitting on the beach.  The Sarasota farmers' market is a fun Saturday activity.  The food is good and all the dogs are too cute.


The Grad Prix boat races are always around the 4th of July.  Our favorite restaurant for lunch, The Old Salty Dog, has great viewing for the boats going in and out of the Gulf.


Of course just sitting back and reading is always a great way to spend our day. 


Of course the food is always good to.  One day my middle daughter and I went to The Pride of the South for a BBQ lunch, brisket, collards and fried green tomatoes.  I was so full. 


Last day breakfast.  I know it's a little strange, but I had fresh crab from the day before and an almond croissant from C'est La Vie bakery.  Delish!


I hope you are able to get some relaxing time this summer.  
As always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 



No comments:

Post a Comment