Thursday, December 1, 2016

Best of November

Well this picture started out my November.  I ran my second 10k in early November. I really lucked out on the weather. It was beautiful, and the run took me along our river front and beautiful old homes.  I always think it's so nice to run or walk in a different part of the town.  If you can see it the medal has handcuffs on it from Harry Houdini.  I also was able to run a 5 miles on Thanksgiving at our annual Turkey Trot. I love ending my race with a latte, this one was pumpkin spice from a local coffee shop.

My husband and I also tried growing shiitake mushrooms in our basement.  Well as you can see from the picture....it worked.   This was the first harvest.  We had to give some away.  The next harvest wasn't as nearly as plentiful.  I don't know if I'd really order the mushrooms again, but they were from Wisconsin. Although it was fun to try something new and be successful.


This month on a whim I also started knitting again.  I hadn't for a while because of a nasty tennis elbow. However one Saturday I popped into the local store and found a lovely little project.  As you can see by the picture it is a snood, a shawl and more.  So I've been enjoying knitting by the fire a few nights this November.


As for a new recipe, my family really enjoyed confetti spaghetti from taste of home.  I made it the Tuesday before Thanksgiving as something simple and homey.  It was just perfect for that.

I also finished my latest book Dead Wake. It is about the sinking of the Lusitania and very historically accurate.  It was a fascinating read and there were points that I couldn't put it down.

As always love from the Midwest,
Beth 







No comments:

Post a Comment