Monday, December 19, 2016

Christmas Cookies Part 2

Well we are still enjoying Christmas cookies in my house.  As I've mentioned before we make them all throughout December and enjoy them for dessert. This past week I made a few different types.  I tried a new Spritz cookie press.


I used the recipe that came with the machine and they came out like European butter cookies, and were enjoyed by all.  My girls and I also made   peppermint crackle cookies from Southern Living Magazine.  I really do enjoy this magazine even though I do live in  the upper Midwest.  There is a lot of peppermint in them, so I think I'll reduce the amount next year.  



To finish off the holiday baking season we made our sugar cut-out cookies.  I know we are not the greatest decorators, but we all had fun doing some decorating.  My frosting is buttercream which goes very well with the soft cookie. 

How are you enjoying the Christmas season?

As always bon appétit and love from the Midwest,
Beth 


No comments:

Post a Comment