Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Best of December

Well as it is late afternoon, the sun has set and all of the Christmas festivities are over it is a great time to reflect on the best of the month.  As I've said before I really enjoy the whole month of December, the whole Christmas season.  As I've mentioned in my last 2 posts, I really do enjoy baking cookies with my family.  This year my girls really got into helping and organizing me.   However there are other wonderful things too.

We had several winter storms this December and had a white Christmas.  The first in a few years. I really love going for a walk in the snow; the silence is beautiful.


Of course after a walk there is a fire. We have a wood burning fire place and there is nothing quite like it.  I love the crackle of the logs and the warmth of the fire.  



Of course I also love Christmas day. I try to make something that is a little more extravagant for lunch. This year I made cheese fondue.  I served sausage, homemade french bread, broccoli, and red peppers and apples.  To drink? A chardonnay. I always have to have a nice glass of wine for lunch on a festive occasion.



As always to end the best of the month's post with a book I'm reading.

What I'm reading: The Christmas Train by David Baldacci.  It is super cut and a lovely little read for the holidays.


Image result for the christmas train book

I hope this month and year treated you as well as it did me.  

As always,
With love from the Midwest
and Happy New Year,
Beth 


No comments:

Post a Comment