Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Tuesday's Thoughts of Simple Pleasures

This past weekend and surrounding days have been very busy for me due to parent-teacher conferences and traveling club sports.  However in this business I've been able to enjoy a few simple things.  This weekend I spent in Milwaukee and one of the things I really enjoy there is Kopp's custard.  They serve 4 flavors total (vanilla, chocolate, and 2 other flavors of the day). I also enjoyed time with my son.
Bark in the Dark at Kopp's.


Another joy this weekend was Sunday dinner.  Yes as I've said before it gives me great pleasure to cook for my family,especially on a day when I don't have to rush.  This Sunday we even better because I pulled out the BGE.  The snow finally melted and I could be on our patio without boots. Dinner was grilled ham from our 1/2 pig, spoon bread, biscuits and roasted asparagus.

Still some snow, but all ready for grilling.


With the melting of the snow I also was able to run outside in the morning and walk our dog after school.  I've also our kitchen french doors open to let in fresh air.  Another favorite.. a change of heavy winter clothes for  lighter springier choices.

I encourage you to enjoy some of the simple things in your busy schedule.  It will make a crazy day seem just a little more enjoyable.
A plus,
Beth


No comments:

Post a Comment