Monday, March 21, 2016

Desserts for Charity

Sometimes I just like to cook, but I know I don't always want or need to eat the desserts or quick breads I just made.  A few years ago my daughter discovered that our local community meal provider needed desserts cooked for them.  So we started making a batch of cookies here and there and delivering them the next day for the community meal.  I really like this idea; I/we are taking care of God's people in an anonymous way.  Also who doesn't like a home made dessert.  This weekend my son needed to do a service project for school so I suggested that we make cookies for Loaves and Fishes. It allowed the two of us to enjoy some time together and got my son into the kitchen.  All of these are good things.   We made the Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies, probably my favorite recipe of chocolate chip cookies.  So nothing fancy just off the back of the bag.   I encourage you to find a shelter or community meal that would like some homemade delights. 

As a side note our local organization also takes excess vegetables from my garden and meat donations from our 1/2 cow.  This way I know food is not going to waste and continues to feed members in need in our community.  
Cookies for Loaves and Fishes

Bon Apétit!
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment