Tuesday, May 30, 2017

The Best of May


Well as it always does May got away from me.  We have all of our children's birthdays, soccer for 2, Lacrosse for the 3rd, mother's day, the end of the school year, graduation for my oldest and maybe a bit of time to relax.  This past week I tried a new Gelato truck, the Knotted Cone.  I chose the blueberry coconut, and it was delicious.  It's really nice to see an increase in the food truck community in Northeast Wisconsin.  




Memorial Day weekend was spent in Door County.  This is really one of my favorite places to relax.  I love hiking in the parks; we went to Peninsula State Park on Sunday.  However is spending time by the Bay.  To me there is nothing better than the sound of the water lapping on the shore.  I really could spend forever by a larger body of water.




What am I cooking? Of course May has some great treats for the kitchen.  I always love Vidalia Onion and asparagus season.  I like to bake my vidalia's with a bit of beef bullion individually wrapped in foil. Cut out a bit of the core for the bullion. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bake for 1 hour.  Serve with a bit of butter and it's like French Onion Soup. 



What am I reading?  Jane Eyre and I recently finished Wuthering Heights, by the Bronte sisters.  Please pick up an old classic, they are really worth the read.  


As always enjoy what seasonal treasures each month has to give,
and as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment