Friday, October 23, 2020

My Midwest Life October 23rd

Hello!  It's been a busy past couple of weeks. Both of my girls came home from college to spend a weekend, separately of course.  It was so sweet to see them and spend some one on one time with them.   On line teaching is of course keeping me busy and we had Google Meet parent conferences which went well. It's definitely fall here in Northeast Wisconsin.  The sky is grey and we have had a rainy week.  Luckily the mornings have been dry so I've been able to get out on my runs.  I'm not treadmilling yet.

 I made a shrimp curry for dinner one night from Hummusapien.  It was delicious; my daughter Sophie and I loved it.  I had leftovers for school lunch and stuck a whole bunch of leftover roasted veggies with it.  Delish!



Pumpkin smoothie for breakfast with my avocado toast! Topped with homemade kraut!  I'm obsessed with fermenting things recently. 


Another yummy breakfast.  Scrambled eggs with leftover bock choy baked apples, and toast. 


I set some time aside to paint.  I really just need to do this more often. Just do it, no thinking, just do. 


Probably the last haul from the farmers' market. It was a rainy Saturday so I had to let everything sit on the counter to dry before I put it away. 


My husband and son extended our patio on one side. This was my crazy idea, but I didn't quite know how complicated it was. Oh well it's done.


Sunday morning before a 5 mile run. The predominate color around here is gold.  Beautiful.


As I said I'm obsessed with ferments. I'm currently making kimchi. These Ball lids are great if you want to step into this realm and so is this cookbook, Fermented Vegetables.   


I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Hopefully you can get outside where ever you are. 
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 



No comments:

Post a Comment