Monday, October 19, 2020

A Week of Breakfasts

 Hello! I actually last week remembered to take a bunch of pictures of food. So I  thought I'd put some ideas out there for you to inspire you for breakfast.  Breakfast and dinner are honestly some of my favorite meals.  Actually I like all meals if they are tasty and I can share them with someone.  As I said I hope this an inspirational post for ideas.  During the school week I usually spend 10 minutes making my breakfast, give or take a few minutes, and I sit down to eat it at the table and just prepare myself for the day.  

So I started my week with avocado toast.  I had some leftover roasted delicata squash from the weekend so I had that on the side.  I topped my toast with arugula, a fried egg and homemade sauerkraut. 


Tuesday and Wednesday were the same.  I made a bunch of roasted veggies on the weekend so I could top them with eggs during the week.  I served a slice of cracked wheat bread with natural peanut butter, hemp seeds and homemade jelly.  Yummy!


The next 2 days were steel cut oats in the crockpot.  I have a mini crockpot that I use really just for this purpose.  I stirred in canned pumpkin, cinnamon, flax seeds and just a touch of maple syrup and cream for richness. Oh my was this good.  I served my baked apples on the side.  


Friday I warmed up the oats and topped it with the leftover avocado, a few leftover greens, a poached egg and homemade kimchi.  Yummy 


Over the weekend I tend to be less healthy, hey we've got to live a balanced life.  Saturday I made my regular waffles, topped with flax seed and local maple syrup, and served it with baked apples and a pumpkin spice smoothie.  I'll share the recipe later.


Sunday I made chocolate chip buttermilk pumpkin pancakes. We eat this once or twice a fall and it is such a treat. We had apples and sausage on the side. 


I hope this inspires you to play around in your kitchen, even if you have limited time.  Sometimes that's when we make the best things.

Bon Appétit!
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 



No comments:

Post a Comment