Sunday, September 27, 2020

My Midwest Life September 27

Hello! Well as I write this about the last week of summer the trees have all of a sudden changed color and the temperature is cooler along with cloudy skies and the smell of fall is in the air.  But the past week was like we knew we had the last bit of summer to get in.  Even the foods I ate are the last of the summer.  

For lunch yesterday I made this corn quinoa chowder from Hummusapien. I made it in the Instant Pot and subbed black beans for pinto - since that is what I had. It makes a lot so I probably have lunch for at least 3 days next week.  This is always a plus. I served my summer feast with the last of my garden tomatoes, mozzarella and  basil.  Of course I served it with  glass of Prophecy  rosé.  It was lovely. 


Breakfast this week used up the last of my ratatouille.  Also an only make in the summer with local veggies. And I finally got back to making smoothies.  This one was a kale and peach smoothie from Kelly Leveque's second book. 


The highlight of last weekend was a walk around the Sturgeon Bay land trust canal walk. These are miniature "trees" in the wooded area.  They look like baby trees.


Of course I love the lake.  The is the opening to the Sturgeon Bay canal from Lake Michigan. 


On the beach, my happy place! 


Looking into the canal and the Coast Gard Station.


More beach of course. 


Got to the farmers' market too and picked up ginger yesterday.  I've never seen it for sale so of course I bought it.  


I hope you have a great week.
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment