Thursday, September 3, 2020

My Midwest Life September 3

 Hello!  It's been along time since I posted a Midwest Life post.  A lot has been going on, yet at the same time its all been surrounding the start of school.  For the moment my (and my son's as well) school is virtual.  Perhaps in the future we will be a hybrid school. This whole summer I've been doing quite a bit of work, but this last week we've had in-service and the actual start of school.  I thought I'd include the picture of my classroom without students.  It's really a different place; yet I am blessed that I get to go to work. 



Of course other things have been going on like a trip to Door County, food preservation and of course cooking, eating and drinking wine.    I'm making sundried (ok dehydrated) tomatoes.  I packed them in oil.  I'll try them this weekend so hopefully they're delish. 



I'm also trying sauerkraut again using the Ball pickling and fermenting lids.  So far so good no weird stuff growing in the kraut.  It is just not tangy enough yet, so I need to wait. 


We also made 10 pints of tomato sauce. Yup I had to get 2 pots out to start with. 


My CSA box dropped of local beans, black, red and pinto (I think). 


I finally caught a humming bird at the feeder.  I just think they are so cool, no reason why. 


Painted some more. 


Sunrise on a run.  The picture doesn't do it justice. 


A new foraged mushroom, lion's mane, or something within that family. 


I hope you've had a great couple of weeks and a fantastic Labor Day weekend!

And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment