Tuesday, August 4, 2020

My Midwest Life August 4th

Hello there! August! My how the time flies.  I've spent the majority of this past week taking care of an overload of veggies among other things.  It's quite cool here for August so I thought it was a perfect time to sit down at the computer and write my blog post. 

Magic has definitely been enjoying outside time.  She loves to sit in the sun as much as possible. 


I have an absolute ton of cucumbers this year.  So I thought I would try refrigerator pickles; we'll see  it it works with regular cucs. 


A wonderful summer lunch, all green except for the hummus.  Zucchini Soup, which I'll serve warm or cold, and cucumbers with hummus. 



A highlight this summer has been foraging for wild mushrooms.  This last trip we found chanterelles and lobster mushroom. 



My mushroom monday omlettle gets some chanterelles this week.  I served it with peaches, blueberries and cracked wheat bread with peanut butter. 


Melons are finally in season here.  I served mine with blueberries and local currants.


More zucchini soup topped with chanterelles and tomato (from my garden) and burrata salad. A feast for lunch! 


I've spent a lot of time in my apron this week. 


I made corn salad and canned it.  My daughter, Sophie, and mother-in-law love it. 


I also started making pesto to freeze for the winter


The haul from my garden this morning: zucchini, green beans, tomatoes (early girls, midnight snacks and sun gold.)  I really love the sungolds and midnight snacks.  



I hope you have a spectacular week and stay safe and healthy.
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment