Tuesday, August 18, 2020

My Midwest Life August 18

 Hello friends! Wow has it been a busy week or so.  My husband, Chris, my son and I went up to a last summer get away to Door County, we've moved our 2 daughters back to Madison, in apartments, and I'm getting ready for school.  However along the way I took a few pictures.  I hope you enjoy. 

Our garden is still doing well. This is one day's harvest.  The black and red tomatoes are new this year, Midnight Snack.  I highly recommend. 


Sunday morning breakfast as almost always.  Still have our peaches from Tree Ripe, Michigan blueberries and sausage from my favorite butcher.   


Dinner one night: pork schnitzel, sliced garden tomatoes, roasted local cauliflower,  and individual spoon breads. 


The mom and baby turkey have been a regular siting in our garden.  They are so quiet and fun to see.


Lunch the other day.  Grilled whitefish tostada.  I topped it with a quick salsa of corn, tomatoes, red onion and oregano. Yummy!


Yes we've still found some mushrooms.  We've dried a few lobster mushroom; I'm looking forward to using them in the fall and winter. 


I also made and froze mushroom duxelles.  I'll use these in sauces, in ravioli and maybe something else.  Let me know if you have an idea. 


I pulled out the sketch book after I read a poem about sunflowers and saw several fields on our way up to Door County.  They really are a happy flower.


Finally I have zinnias! The rabbits ate some of my earlier ones, or it could have been a deer I saw in our garden too. 


I wish you safe and wonderful week.  
Until the next life update,
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment