Sunday, August 9, 2020

52 for 52 Week 29

Hello and happy Sunday!  It's a quiet morning here so I thought I would take a few moments to write a post.  I may be a bit short on my 52 for 52 challenge, but as I said last time we'll see when the year ends.  Recently I made refrigerator pickles.  I've never done pickles with cucumbers either canned or refrigerator style. However this year I have a bumper load of cucumbers from my 2 plants and my CSA.  I've given some away, but I needed to do something else with the cucumbers.  My sister in Boston sent me this link for easy refrigerator pickles.  This could not be any easier.  I cut my cucs a little on the thick side, okay really thick, but they are nice and crunchy.  Just the way I like them.  I think I'll be making some bread and butter pickles for my husband to use some more.  I highly recommend this recipe if you need to do something with an overflow of cucumbers and your friends don't want them all.    I hope you have a wonderful Sunday and start to your week.

No comments:

Post a Comment