Friday, May 29, 2020

Rosé and Tartine

Hello! I hope this post finds you well today.  It's a little cool here, but maybe that is a good thing since I have a lot of indoor activities to do which I don't get done when it 70+ degrees outside.  I feel we have such a  short amount of time to be outside in Wisconsin I need to take advantage of every moment.  Which brings me to my post, Sunday lunch. I feel in the summer a Sunday lunch should also include a glass of some lovely rosé or alternative white especially if I can sit outside.  This past Sunday was no exception.  I really love trying new rosés from France or Spain. 

La Demoiselle has a peachy/citrus taste and I enjoyed it more with my lunch than just for an aperitif. What was for lunch?  Well I made a tartine, and it was as local as possible.  I sautéed bock choy and radish leaves and served them on top of toasted homemade cracked wheat bread smeared with local ricotta.  I topped the tartine with radishes and a soft cooked egg. It was heaven on a plate.  



I hope you are inspired to try a new wine and cook up something local and delicious for yourself.
Bon Appétit!
And as always with love from the Midwest,
Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment